Martyr Flight Lieutenant Maheesh Trikha
Martyr Flight Lieutenant Maheesh Trikha was born on 02 January 1975 at Military Hospital , Dehra Dun Cantt.
- All India topper, joined Pratap Section of Rashtriya Indian Millitary College (RIMC) Dehradun in July 1986.
- Joined National Defence Academy, Pune during 1992 with 88 NDA course in the Hunter Squadron.
- Adventurous by nature, Maheesh took the challenges of open sky and joined the Indian Air Force.
- Maheesh got commissioned on 29th June 1996 from AFA, Dundigal as a Helicopter pilot in the elite service-Indian Air Force.
- His 1st career posting was with 141 Holicopter Unit (SSS) at Air force Station, Jam Nagar, Gujarat.
- As a volunteer, joined 114 Helicopter Unit (HU), IAF at Leh during April 2001 (Siachin Pioneers)
- Siachin Pioneers of Indian Air Force trained Maheesh to be a Glacier Pilot.
- Maheesh, while returning to the base camp after accomplishment of his operational task at Siachin Glacier kept the RIMC motto-“Cradle of Excellence Where Gallantry is a Tradition”, valiantly gave his life for the country in Air Force Uniform at 0941 hrs on the 16 August 2002 under Operations “Meghdoot” & “Parakram” and became Martyr.